BIBLE STUDY CLASSES for adults in English are held every Tuesday 7.15 – 8.30pm.
ENGLISH SUPPLICATION (PARAKLYIS) SERVICE will be held in our Church on Saturday 6 August, 5.30 - 6.30pm
ENGLISH LITURGIES are held once a month, 7 – 8.30pm, our next one will be on Wednesday 17 August (so there will be no Bible Study on Tuesday 16 August).
WORKING BEE to clean our Church, our gardens, and other jobs- Saturday 13 August, 9am - midday
HOW TO GET TO OUR NEW CHURCH, at the corner of Purchase and George St, Parramatta (enter through Purchase St)
By Car: From the M4 motorway get off at James Ruse Drive, and head towards Parramatta. At the traffic lights at Hassall St turn left. You then turn right onto Puchase St, which is at the 3rd traffic lights. After a few houses you then turn left into our Church property
Walking from Parramatta Station: (About a 15 minute walk) Walk past our old Church in Hassall St, once you get to the park keep going straight, so down the walkway that is the continuation of Hassall St, this will get you to Purchase St, turn left into Purchase St and you will be almost there.
· Go to Stand A2 at Parramatta bus interchange located between Parramatta Railway Station and Westfield's
· Take the Μ92 bus that goes to Bankstown - Sutherland, Monday - Friday it comes every 10 minutes, Saturday and Sunday it comes every 20 minutes (approximate Opal fare $2.10)
· You are travelling to the “Hassall St after Purchase St, Parramatta” bus stop (Stop 2150416), if the driver does not know this stop, he may know it as “Hassall St before Alfred St, Parramatta”
· After approx. 2 minutes in the bus, just after you cross Harris St and see the park next to you, press the button to stop the bus
· After you leave the bus, walk back along Hassall St and then turn right onto Purchase St (it is a 3 minute walk from the bus stop to the Church)
OUR CHURCH'S FIGHT AGAINST SAME-SEX MARRIAGE LEGISLATION For some time now our Archdiocese has been actively and energetically campaigning against same-sex marriage. In an encyclical our Archbishop Stylianos wrote:
"....In relation to a law which the State proposes to vote with regard to Marriage between persons of the same gender, we write to you once again because the Federal Parliament is expected very soon to deal with the redefinition of the concept of marriage.
You might appreciate, then, should such an Act be legalized, what destructive consequences this will have on the institution of Marriage, but also on the institution of the Family more generally.
As Orthodox Christians, therefore, we are obliged, once again, to express in the strongest possible terms, our objection to the enactment of such a legislation, as this will assail the sacredness of the Sacrament of Marriage and the Family as has been taught to us through the Ages by our Holy Faith and by the Fathers of the Church."
For more information see http://marriage.greekorthodox.org.au/
If you would like to receive regular emails, informing you of what our Parish is doing, simply email us on email@example.com and ask to be put on our email database. Those receiving such emails do not see who else gets them, in this way advertising companies will not get hold of our database.